Finding out you have cancer can be overwhelming, not just for the person who is diagnosed, but for their friends and family too. Support from your family is important in making and sustaining healthy lifestyle changes throughout your cancer journey.
How family and friends can help each other:
- Respect the commitment to change.
- Ask how they can help you.
- Keep a positive attitude.
- Spend time exercising together
- Learn to overlook lapses
- Do what they can to keep home and family relaxed
- Don’t take grumpiness personally during this change.
- Don’t threaten, pressure or criticize.
- Don’t hide food or nag about exercise.
- Don’t offer high-calorie foods as temptation.
For more information, download or order materials.