Healthy Food & Cancer Prevention
Making healthy food choices not only effect our weight, but also reduce our risk of developing diabetes, heart disease and even cancer. While it can be difficult to always make the right choices, adding healthier foods to our diet impact our overall health in a big way.
The American Cancer Society recommends the following for a healthy diet:
- Choose foods and drinks in amounts that help you get to and stay at a healthy weight.
- Limit how much processed meat and red meat you eat.
- Eat at least 2 ½ cups of vegetables and fruits each day.
- Choose whole grains instead of refined grain products.
- If you drink alcohol, limit your intake. Drink no more than one drink per day for women and two per day for men