The American Cancer Society and Kohl’s have partnered to create the Kohl’s Healthy Families program which supports healthy eating and active living to reduce cancer risk. The program serves the following counties in southeast Wisconsin: Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Washington and Waukesha.
The Kohl’s Healthy Families program includes:
- The Healthy Families Guidebook that contains tips and tools to help families reduce their risk of cancer. It provides guidance on nutrition, physical activity and cancer screening.
- Community Wellness Grants and Learning Collaborative that provides support to community organizations to implement innovative programs that increase healthy eating and active living behavior change.
- School Wellness Grants and Learning Collaborative that provides support for schools to implement healthy changes and encourage students’ healthy eating and physical activity habits.
- The Community Health Worker Initiative that will continue to host an annual Community Health Worker Conference, as well as provide education and resources that improve healthy eating and active living to reduce cancer risk. New enhancements include new partnerships with Milwaukee Area Health Education Center (AHEC) and UniteMKE to provide workforce development and create sustainability for community health workers.
- Energetic outreach team members at community events who educate individuals about how healthy eating and an active lifestyle can reduce your cancer risk through eye-opening, interactive games and activities.
- Kohl’s sponsored community events including select Relay For Life events in southeast Wisconsin, the Community Health Worker Conference, and the 2020 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in Milwaukee