The American Cancer Society and Kohl’s: Partnering Against Cancer
The American Cancer Society and Kohl’s have partnered to create the Kohl’s Healthy Families program to help support local families through the prevention, screening, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer. The program serves the following counties in southeast Wisconsin: Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Washington, and Waukesha.
The Kohl’s Healthy Families program includes:
- The Healthy Families Guidebook that provides tips and tools to help families reduce their risk of cancer. It focuses on making healthy lifestyle choices regarding nutrition and physical activity and provides recommendations for cancer screening.
- The School Wellness Toolkit – a comprehensive resource binder for schools with fun, interactive games and activities to help students learn how healthy eating, an active lifestyle, and sun safety can reduce their cancer risk.
- School wellness grants that provide funds to help schools implement healthy changes and encourage students’ healthy eating and physical activity habits.
- The Guide for Patients with a Recent Cancer Diagnosis that helps patients and their loved ones answer common questions about cancer, offers suggestions when talking with their health care team, and provides support through the treatment process.
- Energetic outreach team members at community events who educate individuals about how healthy eating and an active lifestyle can reduce your cancer risk through eye-opening, interactive games and activities.
- Kohl’s sponsored community events including Relay For Life and Schools vs Cancer events across southeast Wisconsin, the Community Health Worker Conference, and the Making Strides walk in Milwaukee.