The American Cancer Society and Kohl’s have partnered to create the Kohl’s Healthy Families program which supports families through the prevention, screening, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer. The program serves the following counties in southeast Wisconsin: Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Washington and Waukesha.
Current Kohl’s Healthy Families programming includes:
- The Healthy Families Guidebook that contains practical tips and tools to support healthy eating and active living to reduce cancer risk. American Cancer Society screening guidelines are also included. Information is presented in an easy to understand format with recipes, exercise ideas, and stress management tips for the entire family.
- Community wellness grants that provide education about the connection between healthy eating, active living, and cancer risk. Programming provides increased access to healthy foods and opportunities to be physically active within the community.
- Community cancer screening grants that target increasing cancer screening during the pandemic. Funding supports outreach and education about age appropriate cancer screenings, navigation for individuals to complete screenings, and, if needed, assistance with after-diagnosis care.
- Continued collaboration with local community health workers who provide a critical link to vulnerable communities by connecting residents to needed resources. A webinar series provides education and resources on topics such as cancer prevention and screening.
- Kohl’s is sponsoring these select Relay For Life events in southeast Wisconsin in 2021: Kenosha, Racine, Hartford-Slinger, West Bend, and Union Grove.