The American Cancer Society and Kohl’s: Partnering Against Cancer
The American Cancer Society and Kohl’s have partnered to bring you Kohl’s Healthy Families, a program supporting families through prevention, screening, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer.
The program serves the following counties in southeast Wisconsin: Racine, Kenosha, Jefferson, Milwaukee, Waukesha, Washington, Walworth, Ozaukee and Sheboygan.
The Kohl’s Healthy Families program includes:
- Access to educational materials about prevention and early detection of cancer
- Initiatives to help schools implement a structured curriculum focused on healthy eating and physical activity
- Materials for patients and their loved ones to help them cope with a cancer diagnosis
- Support after diagnosis with specialized education materials.
- Community based events including Kohl’s sponsored Relay For Life and Relay Recess events throughout southeastern Wisconsin, the Community Health Worker Conference and Making Strides against Breast Cancer walk in Milwaukee.